Marketing & Communications Manager (5 years fixed term contract)
The Market Theatre Foundation is looking for an experienced Marketing & Communications Manager.
JOB ADVERTISEMENT INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
• The Market Theatre Foundation is looking for an experienced Marketing & Communications Manager to supervise and direct the workflow of marketing, advertising, and public relations of the MTF by assigning job tasks, facilitating interdepartmental communications, and managing external communications. To be able to maximize collaboration, efficiency and creativity in the building and maintenance of consistent branding and identity across marketing and public relations channels by staying up to date on industry trends.
• Develop strategies to increase awareness and visibility of the Foundation’s mission and its artistic offering through innovative use of media and other applicable channels and partnerships.
• Develop strategies and promote marketing campaigns that are aligned with grant agreements, budgets, and fundraising activities.
• Optimises partnerships with media and any other potential opportunities that will ensure maximum exposure for the MTF and/or its business units,
• Manage the department’s staff, delegate tasks, and empower staff to increase contribution and level of responsibility.
• Attend and report to the Marketing and Fundraising Committee as determined by the CEO and the Chair of the Committee.
• Monitor the implementation of plans to increase advance sales of MTF artistic programmes.
• Tracks all marketing and sales data and creates detailed written reports and verbal presentations to bring to senior management/ council when required
• Plan, propose and commission approved research programmes as required to inform strategic and programme planning in Marketing, PR, and audience Development to grow audiences for the Foundation.
• Develop advertising and communications objectives that are measurable and seek to generate realistic awareness to positively influence audience behaviour, provide assurance, generate sales, and build corporate brand equity in terms of position and differentiation.
• Ensure achievement of annual performance plan targets as set out in the annual Performance Plan.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
• Relevant bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, or brand management
• 10 years marketing experience, minimum 5 in managerial position
• Good understanding of global and local marketing, brand management & advertising trends
• Strategic planning, decision making, general business acumen, financial management, analytical thinking
• In-depth understanding of marketing and communications and its role in business.
• Extensive knowledge of brand, employer channel and marketing particularly strategy, communications theory, all media, branding, print processes, graphic design, change management, corporate citizenship, and social responsibility at senior management level
• Understanding of basic business finance, financial control, and governance.
• Good understanding of economic and industry trends and the interpretation thereof to determine market and business impact.
• Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Sound managerial skills, Customer relationship management
• Marketing and competitor knowledge
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV to the Human Resources Department via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the reference number of the post. ITC and criminal checks will be conducted and where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a psychometric test.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. The Market Theatre Foundation reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post.
Enquiries may be directed to Phanuel Pooe at 011 832 1641.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: 15 October 2021.