Head : Windybrow Arts Centre
The Market Theatre Foundation is looking for a Head of the Windybrow Arts Centre to provide leadership for the centre.
JOB ADVERTISEMENT INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
The Market Theatre Foundation is looking for a Head of the Windybrow Arts Centre to provide leadership for the centre as well as its operational and strategic performance. In addition to implementing the centre’s strategic goals and objectives; the Head will drive the centre towards the realisation of its Pan African focused artistic space.
• Articulate a clear and distinctive artistic vision, providing a framework for the work to be undertaken at the centre
• Plan, within available resources, a programme of productions, public and training programmes
• Ensure that all projects conform to a quality standard that is to be determined prior to implementation
• Provide strategic leadership for the Windybrow as the premier space for Pan African cultural expression
• Report to the MTF CEO on governance and implementation matters relating to the strategic plan
• Collaborate with the MTF Fundraiser to identify funding opportunities
• Supervise the work of staff and take responsibility for the operational efficiency of the Windybrow Arts Centre in accordance with the PMFA and the Cultural Institutions Act
• In association with the MTF Marketing and Brand Manager, serve as the primary representative of the Windybrow in public forums.
• Coordinate the Building Program for the Windybrow Art Centre – working closely with the Building Committee
• Develop Artistic collaborations with the MTF’s other three business units.
• Responsible for the budget and optimisation of resource deployment – working closely with CFO.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
• B.A. within the Arts and Culture field, or any other relevant tertiary qualification. Preferably at a post-graduate level
• Minimum 10 years’ experience within arts & culture industry
• Minimum 5 years proven ability in management of staff and resources
• Proven ability of strategic and financial management
• A critical awareness of the nature and role of arts & culture
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Must work well under pressure
• Experience of working with an NPO would be an advantage
• Passionate, driven and dynamic
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV to the Human Resources Department via e-mail to email@example.com Please indicate the reference number of the post. ITC and criminal checks will be conducted and where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a psychometric test.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. The Market Theatre Foundation reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post.
Enquiries may be directed to Phanuel Pooe at 011 832 1641.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: 15 October 2021.