Chief Operating Officer (5 years fixed term contract)
The Market Theatre Foundation (MTF) is looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer to lead and direct the operational activities of the MTF.
JOB ADVERTISEMENT INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
• The Market Theatre Foundation is looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer to lead and direct the operational activities of the MTF in accordance with the strategic objectives, policies and goals established by the Chief Executive Officer and Council. The COO will Provide direction and leadership and oversee daily operations with regards to the delivery of the organisations mandate, in accordance with the Strategic plan and Annual Performance Plan for the foundation and its various departments.
• Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures and Establish policies that promote MTF culture and vision
• Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
• Oversee the complete operation of the MTF in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans and APPs
• Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
• Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
• Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
• Ensure appropriate systems, processes and performance management arrangements are in place to deliver consistent high-quality level of service provision and actively report and monitor achievement.
• Drive company results from both an operational and financial perspective working closely with the CFO, CEO and other ManComm members.
• Partner with the CFO to achieve favourable financial results with respect to cash flow, , systems, reporting and controls.
• To assist the CEO and the CFO in developing and overseeing the long-term business strategies of MTF
• To assist the CEO in overseeing the organizations achievement and maintenance of a satisfactory competitive position with the industry
• Coordinate the sustainability strategies of the organization
• Ensure organizational learning and continuous improvement by providing appropriate feedback on potential risk including incidents, audits, and inspections
• Ensure that relevant Information technology is in place to support the business of the MTF to ensure continuous improvement
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
• Relevant business degree in HR, Business Administration, or brand management
• Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role with minimum 7+ Years of strong Operational experience,
• At least 4 years senior management experience in a key Operational role within the arts industry will advantageous
• Extensive experience with IR and HR functions would be advantageous
• Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
• In-depth knowledge of different business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc
• Working knowledge of IT, data analysis and performance/operation metrics
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
• Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Preferential Procurement Policy Framework act (PPPFA) and Treasury regulations
• Knowledge of Personnel Management
• Knowledge of the Arts and corporate governance matters
• Knowledge of Project Management Principles, practice and tools and techniques
• Knowledge of auditing principles and Risk Assessment Techniques
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV to the Human Resources Department via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the reference number of the post. ITC & criminal checks will be conducted and where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a psychometric test.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. The Market Theatre Foundation reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post.
Enquiries may be directed to Phanuel Pooe at 011 832 1641.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: 15 October 2021.