Chief Financial Officer (5 years fixed term contract)
The Market Theatre Foundation is looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer.
JOB ADVERTISEMENT INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
The Market Theatre Foundation is looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer provide strategic financial leadership and guidance to Council, the Chief Executive Officer and Senior Management regarding utilisation of financial resources including financial planning and record keeping, as well as financial reporting to Senior Management, Audit & Risk Committee, Building Committee, Council, DSAC and Treasury.
Key Performance Measures
• Establish and maintain effective and consistent financial management systems, policies, standards, and reporting requirements.
• Assume a leading role in managing operational risks, beyond the traditional financial, accounting, and regulatory compliance
• Effective partner to the CEO, with influence with other business unit heads, with respect to managing financial objectives of the organization
• Manage the approved unit budget as per the project plans and schedules
• Ensuring compliance with government and organizational directives and prescripts
• Compile and submit accurate financial data in accordance with prescribed guidelines, standards, and format
• Provide accuracy and transparency in the financial accounts of the MTF.
• Ensure adequate controls are established and maintained to ensure clean annual external and the ongoing internal audits.
• Oversee all supply chain related activities in compliance with National Treasury guidelines
• Manage and prepare the quarterly & annual reports
• Maintain integrity of funds, securities and use of cash
• Possess authority to establish policies and procedures for credit and debt collections, purchasing, payments of accounts and other financial obligations
• Ensure achievements of annual performance plan targets as set out in the Strategic Performance Plan.
• Responsibility for the drawing up of the business plans for the MTF in line with the MTF’s SPP and APP in consultation with the CEO and Managers
• Responsible for compliance of the delegated authorities policy
• Participate as a member of MTF’s Audit and Risk committee, Building Committee and Legal, Governance, Audit & Risk Committee
• Participate in the HR and Remuneration Committee
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT:
• To provide support to the organization and execution of Supply Chain Management functions to assist the MTF in achieving its goals and objectives
• Review and assessment of internal controls pertaining to the creation, processing and authorization of purchase requisitions and orders
• Ensure that the procedure methods support the strategic and operational commitments of MTF.
• Manage the unit’s financial targets and ensure strict compliance with budget.
• Ensure that performance agreements and development plans are developed and implemented for all finance department staff
• Recognise individuals and teams and provide developmental feedback in accordance with performance management principles.
• Handle staff disputes fairly and honestly by following labour law principles and MTF’s policies.
• Identify competencies required and suitable resources for specific tasks.
• Empower team members through recognising strengths, encouraging participation in decision making and delegating tasks.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
• Post Graduate Financial Qualification i.e., B-Com (Accounting) with Financial and Management Accounting or equivalent qualification. CA(SA) or equivalent certification would be added advantage.
• Registration with a recognised professional body.
• Minimum of 10 years’ financial management experience of which at least 5 years should be at Senior Management level.
• Proven ability of strategic and financial management.
• Understanding of PFMA, National Treasury Regulations, GRAP Reporting standards
• Knowledge of Personnel Management
• Must have practical knowledge and experience in internal and external audits, IT Governance and due diligence processes and procedures.
• SA resident and BEE candidate.
• Demonstrated Leadership experience across cultural barriers.
• Self-motivated, confident has impact, persuasive and assertive.
• Excellent report writing capabilities
• Proven ability to develop and implement policies.
• Experience in working with HR transformation matters
• Preferential Procurement Policy Framework act (PPPFA)
• Specialist in Financial Accounting Management
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV to the Human Resources Department via e-mail to email@example.com
Please indicate the reference number of the post. ITC and criminal checks will be conducted and where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a psychometric test.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. The Market Theatre Foundation reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post.
Enquiries may be directed to Phanuel Pooe at 011 832 1641.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: 15 October 2021.