Exciting position at Soweto Theatre
Soweto Theatre has a vacancy for a General Manager
Branch: Soweto Theatre
Designation: General Manager (Ref: GMST/21)
Joburg City Theatres (JCT) is an entity of the City of Johannesburg that operates Joburg Theatre (Braamfontein), Roodepoort Theatre and Soweto Theatre in order provide the integrated management of world class African theatre venues and a high-quality entertaining, innovative and inclusive program which serves the diverse communities of the City of Joburg.
The successful applicant will be a member of the JCT Management Committee and report directly to Chief Operations Officer for Joburg City Theatres. The position is located at Soweto Theatre in Jabulani.
The General Manager: Soweto Theatre position is available for goal-orientated individual who will be responsible for ensuring a first-class visitor experience at Soweto Theatre including providing direction and leadership and increasing revenue from diverse income streams as well as the health, safety and well-being of all visitors, clients and staff.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
● Managing day to day operations, programming and strategic stakeholder management at Soweto Theatre
● Develop, implement and monitor Soweto Theatre’s short to long-term operational plan to achieve the theatre’s commercial objectives in line with JCT’s approved business plan
● Managing & development of the Youth Programmes
● General maintenance of the Theatre building, its stage machinery and its assets to best globally accepted standards at all times
● Oversee cleaning, security and the Occupational Health & Safety standards at the building including the safety of the general public, employees, visitors and guests of the company
● Compliance with both monthly and annual operating and capital expenditure budgets
● Human Resources Management ● Reporting on a regular and standardized basis to the head office of Joburg City Theatres
● Setting and maintaining world class operating standards in both the customer and client services of the theatre
● Building and maintaining strategic relationships with all stakeholders of Soweto Theatre.
Education and experience required
● Diploma or degree in Business Management
● A minimum of five years’ managerial experience in a similar position
● A passion for the theatre industry and the arts in general
● Exceptional leadership qualities and business proficiency
● High levels of proficiency in written and verbal communications
● A willingness to work unsociable hours.
Basic Salary: R602,865 – R820,079 per annum
Interested persons are requested to send their cover letter, detailed CV and copies of their qualifications, quoting the relevant reference number to Mr. Thomas Sadiki, The Human Resources Manager, Joburg City Theatres, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: 011 877 6859 / 6821
CLOSING DATE: 31 MAY 2021
Joburg City Theatres follows employment equity principles. Preference will be given to designated groups including people with disabilities.
PLEASE NOTE: JCT reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted.