Cape Town Opera – Development Manager
Are you keen to join a dynamic team of arts administrators at one of SA’s leading arts companies?
Cape Town Opera is looking for a dynamic Development Manager to assume responsibility for the following fundraising portfolios:
• Public Sector Funding
• Corporate Funding
• International Funding
• Trusts and Foundations
• Individual and other
Stewardship: Maintain and develop the existing relationship with funders through ongoing communication, whilst ensuring the proper implementation of grant requirements.
Prospect Research and Cultivation: Ongoing research into new funding sources for CTO locally, nationally and internationally in the above portfolios. Emphasis is placed on developing mutually beneficial long-term relationships between CTO and its funders.
Proposal Writing and Reporting: Write accurate and engaging funding proposals, applications and reports and manage a timeline of submission/reporting dates.
Fundraising Events: Organize special events, such as opening night functions, concerts and targeted fundraising events at prestigious venues.
Human Resource: Supervision of staff involved in fundraising.
• Fundraising experience
• Dynamic, outgoing and engaging interpersonal skills
• A proactive and enthusiastic attitude
• An excellent command of verbal and written English
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Professional manner and appearance
• Proficiency in general computer software programs (Word, Excel)
• Experience and skills in marketing would be an advantage
• Knowledge of and/or interest in opera and the performing arts would be an advantage
• A relevant tertiary qualification
• SA driver’s license
The position is full-time, salaried (non-commission basis) and will be based at CTO’s offices at Artscape, Cape Town. Occasional travel within South Africa and possibly abroad is required. Applicants must legally be allowed to work in South Africa. Application deadline Friday, 15 December 2020. Anticipated start date for the position 1 February 2021. CTO reserves the right not to make an appointment.
1. A covering letter detailing your specific interest in and skills applicable to the position.
2. Your CV, along with three contactable references.
3. A sample of a funding proposal written by you (maximum 2 pages).
To: CTO’s Human Resource Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.