Health & Safety position available
Advert for SHE Specialist at Joburg City Theatres (Ref No: SHE/09/2020).
Salary Range: R27 494.19 (Basic salary excluding benefits)
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to lead the implementation of a Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) programme that will minimize injuries and diseases
● Mitigate risks to the health, safety and integrity of employees, the community and the environment
● Monitor whether the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (85/1993), Regulations and other applicable statutes and the provisions of the JCT Group SHE Policy and are met
● Advise and monitor regarding legal compliance with the Disaster Management Act
● Ensure pro-active JCT Group preparedness relative to potential disasters and emergencies at JCT Group workplaces and work activities
● Monitor whether the recommendations for corrective measures are implemented
● Monitor and evaluate the successes and failures of the JCT Group SHE management programme
● Participate in the functional planning for the OS section
● Define tasks and work flow in respect of OS programme monitoring
● Plan the training of OS functionaries within line departments
● Ensure the attainment of set goals of the sub directorate in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the J Group’s SHE programme aimed at ensuring statutory compliance
● Compile system audits and assist line management with accident investigation reports
● Follow up on the implementation of recommendations and write progress reports
● Compiling weekly and monthly statistics on OS compliance
● Ensure that documents, reports and correspondence are processed and maintained in accordance with the requirements of the OS function and archive rules
● Assist line management with identifying deviations that could present risks to the health and safety of employees and members of the public
● Coordinate and facilitate training of OS functionaries
● Arrange and coordinate roadshows, meetings and workshops
● Manage the implementation of all Group SHE-related policies and procedures
● Evaluate projects to assess impact, to identify gaps and come up with strategies for future planning
● Conduct risk assessments
● Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to and updated as and when necessary
● Participate in policy formulation and give advice on policy related issues
● Liaise with the other functions within the Group SHELA and Fleet Compliance and Management unit
● Manage remedial action in cases of health and safety programme failure such as injuries on duty, near-miss incidents and identified life-threatening physical conditions
● Ensure zero accidents, zero injuries, zero occupational diseases and zero prosecutions by the Dept. of Labour.
● Grade 12 plus Diploma in Safety Management (NQF Level 6)
● A relevant Bachelor’s degree (Risk Management) plus accredited re ISO 9001, 14001 and OSHAS 18000 SAMTRAC, MSRM or equivalent
● Must have 5 Years working experience playing a leading role in the implementation of a structured, integrated SHE programme
● No criminal record
● Computer literacy
● Good verbal and written communication in English.
Interested persons are requested to send their cover letter, detailed CV, recently certified copies of their qualifications and the Identity documents not longer than three months, quoting the relevant reference number to Mr. Thomas Sadiki, The Human Resources Manager, Joburg City Theatres, via email to: email@example.com
Enquiries: 011 877 6859 / 6821
(Ref No: SHE/09/2020)
CLOSING DATE: 25 NOVEMBER 2020
Joburg City Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and this position will be filled in line with its EE targets. Preference will be given to designated groups including people with disabilities.
PLEASE NOTE: JCT reserves the right not to make an appointment. Applications must contain at least 2 referees. Late submissions and/or applications will not be considered. Submission without certified copies of qualifications will not be considered. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted.
The Joburg City Theatres (JCT) is an entity of the City of Johannesburg that stimulates and operates Joburg Theatre (Braamfontein), Roodepoort Theatre and Soweto Theatres.